Vintage kitchen design is one of the most popular trends these days. It is an interior design style that is inspired by old kitchens, combining them with modern equipment and comforts. In this way, an environment with a unique charm is achieved kitchen remodel Waukesha.
We know that the kitchen is, par excellence, the meeting place for the whole family. For this reason, we understand that it must be a place that takes into account the tastes and needs of each member of the house. Within the different interior design styles, vintage provides warmth, comfort and the distinction you are looking for.
Therefore, we will tell you the main characteristics of this style and the keys to achieving it in your kitchen. We will review different vintage kitchen options and we will also talk about the colors, materials and finishes that prevail in this style.
Features of vintage interior design
As we already mentioned, vintage aesthetics refer to the past through objects that were made in another era. But these should not be mere elements, but rather they have to be pieces with artistic and quality design, which provide distinction.
Thus, it is configured as an elegant, romantic and harmonious style. The main characteristics that you should take into account when creating this style are:
- Use the pastel color palette with touches of bright tones to generate contrast.
- Recovers surfaces or reproduces their worn appearance.
- Includes decorative and/or design coverings.
- Use furniture, accessories and lighting from past decades. There are those who say that an antique mirror cannot be missing when thinking about “vintage.”
- Natural flowers and plants are always present.
- Materials such as wood, steel and cement are the most used.
So how to achieve vintage style in your kitchen? We will tell you everything you need to know, without failing to mention that in Duomo you can find the main materials you need to create a vintage kitchen in expert mode!