Download and distribute some of these materials and templates to help you spread the word about Growing Healthy Schools Week and put on activities at your school!
- Submit an entry in the Healthy Schools Act Art and Essay contest. Students may submit an essay, poem, drawing, painting, original photograph, or video telling us how their school is doing in terms of promoting health and wellness.
- What is Growing Healthy Schools Week? Circulate this one-page flyer of basic information about Growing Healthy Schools Week.
- Promotional Sign- hang this 8.5″x11″ sign in your hallways and cafeterias!
- Certificate of Participation- edit this powerpoint file with your school’s name and distribute to students who participate in the week’s events.
- Seasonality Chart- this visual shows what produce is in season during months of the year. Emphasize October’s produce during the week!
- Curriculum ideas - browse the food and ecology lessons at the Edible Schoolyard Project, National Environmental Education Week, Eat.Think.Grow., and California School Garden Network. Tools include organic garden and kitchen lessons, class management tools and ideas for integrating food into the academic classroom.
- Developing Great Schoolyards – a resource by the 21st Century Fund on creating green open spaces.
- GHSW Logo – use the week’s logo on promotional materials of your own (school newsletter, cafeteria menus, etc.)